Join a Winning Team at Jack O’Diamonds Honda
If you’re looking for an opportunity to be appreciated and involved in your career, your search is complete. We have a great history of providing excellent career opportunities for sharp, energetic people.
We are always interested in talking with people who love cars and like to get their hands dirty.
Do you enjoy meeting new people? Do you like having an open ended income potential? You may be the right person for an exciting career in automotive sales.
Why do you want to be a Sales Consultant?
Jack O’Diamonds Honda is actively looking for new Sales Associates throughout our organization. We offer a large inventory of both new and pre-owned cars to sell from that no one else in the area can beat.
We offer our Sales Associates the following:
- Strong training programs you will learn A LOT!
- Corporate training team
- Week-long new hire sales course
- Reinforcement training
- Quarterly personalized sales consultations
- Customer Relationship Management system
- Unlimited earnings potential
- Opportunity for advancement
- Great tenure of current employees
We are not your typical car dealership! We are looking for bright, driven individuals to sell some of the hottest cars on the market. Don’t let the typical car salesman stereotype keep you from an amazing career! We are the car dealership of the future.
Jack O’Diamonds Honda’s salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include 401k, medical and dental insurance, disability benefits, paid sick time, paid company holidays, job training programs, and paid vacations.
Job Purpose: To inspect, maintain, and repair automobiles that run on electricity, gasoline, or alternative fuels like ethanol. Execute basic care maintenance like tire rotations and oil changes, diagnosing complex problems, and planning and executing vehicle repairs.
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- Ability to identify the problem quickly.
- Good knowledge of automobiles.
- Effective analytical and communication skills.
- Good reading, computer, and mathematics skills.
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Should be able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Must have at least a high school diploma/GED
- Technical degree preferred
- ASE certifications preferred
- Minimum of 1 year in service department
- Enjoy working in a fact paced environment
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to work on your feet for extended periods of time
- All applicants must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
- Basic Computer skills
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with a customer service mentality
Group Sponsored Benefits:
- Group health insurance
- Starts first day of the month following 120 days of continuous service
- Co pays $200.00 towards cost of premimums for non-tenured employees
- Co pays $250.00 towards cost of premimums for tenured employees
- 401k retirement plan
- May elect to defer up to 15% of their pay following 90 days of conitnous service
- You may enter the plan on either the 1st day of the quarter following 90 days or the 1st day of any quarter thereafter.
- The dealership does not match employee contributions
- Life insurance
- Co pays $10,000 per employee that has medical insurance
- If you elect for life insurance your initial amount cannot be greater than 5x your annual income
- Employee voluntary benefits:
- Aflac- disability insurance, accident insurance
- Colonial- accident, cancer, hospitalization insurance